Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wall To Wall

The Edward "Teddy" Kennedy funeral is Michael Jackson part II. It's wall to wall coverage. Since I got back from Minnesota three days ago the cable has been out so I've been forced to do other activities, reading for instance. Up til now I've missed the funeral of the decade. I'm watching Fox as I write, waiting for a rerun of Glenn Beck. From all accounts a man who is a combination of John Paul and Mother Theresa has passed on. Won't this spectacle ever get over? Please, somebody, give us the cut sign across the throat. Good Lord, we are in trouble. Cuttysark Kennedy has just, by the media, been compared to Daniel Webster. Anyway, I learned something today and it made me want to wretch. Mary Jo Kopechne did not drown. Well, that I did know. The poor lass ran out of air to breathe. That, too, I knew. It must have been agonizing. What I didn't know was she asphyxiated in only seven feet of water. Seven feet is ten inches taller than Ted in bare feet. Seven crummy, lousy feet and he couldn't make an effort to extricate this girl from her tomb. To lionize this guy is expected from the hard core Left and mainstream media. I'm wondering what the funeral of Sen. Robert Dole, a real hero and statesman will be like?

No comments: