Monday, August 10, 2009

A Paradox

Not far from my Minnesota lake cottage is a bike trail that meanders from Brainerd to Bemidji. It's about an eighty mile trek if one wants to try it. I don't! My skill level is four miles one way then back to the car. it's a beautiful ride and today was a spectacular day. The trail goes past lakes, pines and all types of fauna and flora I can't name. The biker is surrounded by very large birch trees. It's majestic. When I ride I have on a headset and listen to Rush. Love him or not he had a guest caller on today from Council Bluffs, Iowa named Roy who asked a very significant question about health care. It is a paradox of large proportions coming from Obama, said the caller. I'm paraphrasing but Roy asked, "Obama states that our health care system is broken and needs to be fixed. In the next breath he says that we can keep our insurance that we now have if we want".
Leave it to a Hawkeye to keep it simple, direct and to the point.

No comments: