Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dropping the G

This is nitpicking, I know, but, well, maybe it isn't. Recall how Tina Fey of Saturday Night Live along with the Maureen Dowd of the NY Times and every nauseatingly phony made fun of Sarah Palin for not speaking proper English. Seems Ms. Palin dropped the 'g' from ing words. Sometime around three weeks ago I was listening to Barry Almighty give a speech and he forgot the g's. He was 'goin' and 'comin', 'movin' and 'shakin', shuckin' and 'jivin'. So, I'm thinking to myself, "is this the way a Harvard a man talks"? I let it slide until this afternoon when the better half asked me, "when did Obama start dropping the g's from words"? Aha! I was correct all along. This just might be my chance to blow the lid off this guy's charade of being the educrat of our lifetime. Listen the next time the boy wonder speaks. I think I'm right on this one.

No comments: