Tuesday, December 23, 2014

This n' That From Dublin Ohio

There are over 3 billion computer networks in the United States with a population of 310 million. The Republic of North Korea has 1,024 computer networks with a population of 24 million.

Beau Bergdahl, an alleged traitor, was traded for 5 Gitmo terrorists and we paid a ransom of $5B as in a billion dollars for his release. This ransom payoff is a first in the history of the United States.

If you want to watch an exciting college basketball team in action give the Iowa State Cyclones a chance. They have arguably the best college coach in the country in Fred Hoiberg and he is a gentleman.

For those who see doom and gloom with the Keystone Pipeline consider this. In the continental United States there are already in place 1.2 million miles of underground pipe.

Corn made ethanol is more costly to produce and pollutes the atmosphere a great deal more than petroleum fuels.

Jayne the Virgin is one of the very best sitcoms on television. It's clever, witty, funny and has a positive message. Check it out.
Speaking of television, the last season of Justified starring Timothy Olyphant begins January 20. I could never understand why it hasn't received accolades it deserves.

If you're looking to make out a Bucket List be wary of online tip sites. I visited GQ and they suggested I try a threesome and become a member of the Mile High Club. On the other hand, I visited a site for seniors. One of their picks was to visit a memory unit home. I wanted to go but I forgot where it was. Another piece of advice was to pick out my casket. Maybe I will, someday.
I finally found one to my liking and it listed 75 different activities. I'd already done 60 of them. Does this mean I should pick out my casket?

In the last ten years Dublin, Ohio has seen two murders. One took place last year during the commission of a robbery. The other was done by a woman against her jilted lover.

Delaware County Ohio, located one block north of us and stretching twenty miles north, is listed as the number 10 most conservative county in the United States. The air here has always seemed fresher.

Personally thank your policeman and fireman. Many may not be aware they are human beings with wives and children and mom's and dad's who they love very much.

A doctor was in the news yesterday talking about health. He said people who are religiously spiritual are healthier than those who aren't.

The Pope in Rome chastised Cardinals of the Church and its hierarchy for being too concerned with themselves and worldly goods. As a practicing Roman Catholic I proudly say, "It's about time".


Merry Christmas to all. MJH









No comments: