Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The War Room

For as long as you've looked at this blog you know my wife and I are movie goers. She's more of the serious type, likes those films where thinking is involved. I'm one of those who enjoys mindless comedy. As an example, last week I watched a W.C. Fields marathon on the Decades Channel. It's so sad that we can't have that type of writing and performances today.

There is a film going around called The War Room. It doesn't deal with WWII or other battles of the military kind. But, it exposes life's battle between unhappily married couples and families.

The main characters are a wife who works in  real estate business, her husband who is a pharmaceutical salesman and their precious 7 year old daughter. They are a family but, in reality, the mom and dad are adrift and working toward a divorce. There is no familial love and this knowledge is not lost on their daughter.

Then, through the wisdom of an elderly woman, a great transformation takes place. I don't want to scare you off but their epiphany is due to the love and grace of God. This is a God movie. It is one about Christianity and how we should treat each other, especially the ones we should love the most.

I've seen many God movies in my life dating back to the Charleston Heston  film titled, The Ten Commandments and this ranks in the top two. Don't ask me which is number one because I'd be at a loss to come up with an answer.

If you're wondering why it's titled The War Room I'm not telling. You'll have to shell out the coin and find out yourself.

Let me put it this way: If you are a man or women, Christian or not, parent or non-parent see the film. If you are a human being go tonight. After you leave the theater you'll feel better about yourself and your fellow man.

No comments: