Friday, October 16, 2015

The Government Has Declared War On Senior Citizens

Gosh, becoming a senior citizen snuck up on me faster than Jesse Owens ran the 100 yard dash. Just ten short years ago becoming a senior and everything that went with it was a blip on my radar but now 'I are one'.

According to Ezekial Emmanuel, brother or the Chicago thug mayor, Rahm, and architect of ObamaCare, we should all die by age 75. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/09/22/obamacare_architect_ezekiel_emanuel_75_an_ideal_age_to_die.html  That torques me off because there have been some brilliant people who have accomplished great things after the age of eighty.

Anyway, in the event you haven't heard the Obama administration has declared that because of the decrease in gas prices and a drop in inflation there will be no rise in society security benefits for next year. When I first heard this I didn't give it much thought. I mean, what're we talking, ten dollars a month? But I'm not a needy person in eastern Kentucky or an elderly grandma living from mouth to mouth throughout the South.

Last night my wife, who happens to be the smartest women in the world, brought up this subject. I was semi-flabbergasted because she tends to keep ideas to herself. She stated how ridiculous the 'gas' subject was and that the administration was using this because seniors tend to not fight back.

She suggested that the Obama advisers could have come up some a more plausible excuse but that Seniors are easy prey therefore they will suffer the consequences most easily.

In the first place, Seniors use far less gasoline than any other segment of society. Since the great percentage of us are retired that means there's no driving to work then home. Seniors, especially women, tend to become more defensive about their driving and back off going out. The Queen is this way. Her eyes are not what they used to be so if we do go out I'm the one who does the driving. Plus, we plan our trips a couple of days in advance to SAVE on fuel and the number of times we are on the road. The younger crowd, on the spur of the moment, will hop in the car to buy a jar of peanuts and a twelve pack of beer when their buddies, who also drive, come to their house for a ballgame.

Therefore, this inflation argument is 'bogus man'!

Have you seniors read the forecast for Medicare Part B for next year? If not, then get ready for a projected increase of 150%. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/millions-could-see-their-medicare-costs-soar/ That should get all of our Depends in a bind. But, the rest of the population don't care because they aren't Seniors. The good news is, someday they will be and they'll get theirs right in the shorts where we are now.

The sad aspect of this entire scenario is we can't fight back the way millennial's do. When they feel an injustice they take to the streets setting fires and turning over cars. All we can do is gum things to death.

As a man once told me, " I love my country but I fear my government".

No comments: