Thursday, August 22, 2019

All's Well That Ends Well

I want to thank everyone who showed concern for my dog's heath. That was very considerate of all.

Yes, I'm $411.00 lighter in the checking account but the piece of mind knowing my pal isn't going to the great boneyard in the sky makes it worthwhile.

I did have a question I wanted to ask my Vet but really didn't think it would be appropriate. Two months ago I thought Charlie had swallowed a chicken bone. He had an X-ray that went for $150. This time the say picture went for $230. Well, when a guy's concerned he doesn't want to dicker like he would when he goes into a motel.

Chaz indeed swallow a large chicken bone. I had gone to Kroger Food. He took the advantage of my absence to open the door under the kitchen sink and grab the garbage bag. Foghorn Leghorn was all over the kitchen floor except for parts of the back bone which he had consumed.

The other question I had was why he didn't eat and was so lethargic. Dogs are creatures of habit. The Queen gets him out of his cage in the morning to let him piddle then have breakfast.(Not really breakfast since they eat the same thing every day. At 9 am I take him out for his morning constitutional. I've noticed dogs have an irritating routine unlike humans when doing this. He'll walk then circle up like he's gong to due his job. He'll drop his rear end then bring it up and walk some more. He'll do this three times before completing the act. I wonder if he thinks he's playing a practical joke on me.

At 5 pm I give him his treats and then we play tug o' war. Come 6 pm he gets dinner followed by his nightly walk at 6:30. Then it's lap time.

The Vet suggested me just might be depressed because The Queen is in Scotland and his routine and her lack of presence is missing.

last night I let him sleep with her pajamas. It seemed to work.

No comments: