Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Guess What I Did Today

It's been a long a worrying last three days and it's all centered around my lovable pooch. Parents know when something isn't quite right with their children who haven't yet learned to speak. I think the same goes for pet owners. My Cairn, Charlie, up until this week was a load of energy.

When I told him at 5 pm it was treat time he jumped around like a kid does on Christmas morning. When I'd say, "Charlie, want to go for a ride?" He'd be at the front door before I could leave the sofa. Now poor Chaz is listless and sleeps all die and night.

Worse yet, he won't eat. A week ago he'd have his morning and evening meal consumed within 15 seconds. Now, he doesn't touch it. I even made him scramble eggs and he turned up his nose. Eggs are one of his very favorites(as they are mine).

I did the only thing I could do and that was to call his Vet. We had a 2 pm appointment this afternoon and, since I put the cart before the horse, I'm already in a panic. He had chest X-rays and a blood test.
the X-rays came back and showed me three things. Somewhere along the way he'd swallowed a chicken bone. Go figure. The pictures also showed he 'might' have a heart murmur. Along with that there are some suspicious spots on his lungs. The results of the blood test and X-rays will be done tomorrow so I'll anxiously be waiting by the phone. The price for all of this was $411.00 but who cares? Not me. I can always get a job.

Check back later for an update


No comments: