Monday, August 26, 2019

Dogs May Be Good For Heart Health

There have been a number of articles written recently about how owning a dog may be beneficial to you mental and physical heart health.
A study published Friday in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings says that owning a pet, especially a dog, may help maintain a healthy heart -- in case you needed any more reason to head to your local animal shelter".

As a dog owner I can't disagree. I walk our pooch. My back and leg muscles get a workout when I bend over to pick up his poop. When he goes underneath and into bushes I crawl in and get him.

There are negatives though. Ol' Charlie is now on a special diet. He left a note on my bed this morning reading, 'Want filet mignon'. So far we've had him to the Vet in the last two months.

 The total bill is now running at $800.00 So much for heart health.

No comments: