Friday, February 10, 2023

A Covid Conundrum

In my sphere I'm sort of an NCAA basketball fan. I'll watch any game as long as a team from Iowa is involved. Two weeks ago Northwestern of the Big Ten had to cancel their schedule of games for a ten day period because some of their players tested positive for Covid. This is a fairly big deal. Games have to be re-scheduled, travel and housing plans are erupted and I'm sure there are a slew of other problems to be faced.

I was up early this morning, too early really. It was 5 am EST watching Fox & Friends and they were having a show from Phoenix, the site of the Super Bowl. And then it hit. This game is probably the biggest event in sports. There's a ton money involved from all facets.

And then it hit me. What if eight or ten of the players on one team tested positive for Covid. Would they cancel the game? Would the powers to be cover it up to keep it quiet. Did I mention there's scads of cash involved in the game? What if, huh?

i'm going to guess not one single lay person know about the Covid. It'd be  hush-hush thing. But that's just me.

No comments: