Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Word To The Wise


Because I'm sort of a dweeb when it comes to television watching-------two of my main sources are the Hallmark Channel and Fox News--------I've been seeing quite a few ads from the ASPCA begging for money for shelter dogs, especially. The woman who narrates the ads plays on the viewers emotions. She's almost crying when films of freezing homeless dogs are shown. There's nothing quite like a Cocker Spaniel with icicles on its whiskers to tug at your heart strings. Anyway, I read an article a few days ago about the upper echelon at the ASPCA in regard to their salaries which are to my way of thinking outrageous. The head honcho of the operation makes around $900K a year. Sadly, and I'm close on this figure but it seems to me for every dollar we folks give to the operation only 64 cents goes to help the animals. The rest goes into the pockets of administrators. Some so-called charitable organizations are that way. On the other hand, Tunnel to Towers(T2T.org) builds homes mortgage free for families whose main provider was in the armed forces or were fireman and police officers who died while on duty. This operation takes only 6% of donations for their personal use. The other 94% is directed to the suffering families. 

The moral of the story is find out where your money is going before donating. I know you're all aware of this but it's a good reminder. All one has to do is look at what happens to the cash given to the Clinton Foundation. Nuff said.

No comments: