Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TV Shows and Movies

I'm spending quite a bit of time on the computer. Way back when, sometime in November, I wrote about being on my computer longer than all Pentagon workers combined--daily. Something is happening and whatever it is I'm becoming an expert. It's both a time killer and a trivia contest. Let's say I'm watching reruns of NCIS. This is not unimaginable since I do it Monday through Friday, three hours a day. I like Mark Harmon. He plays an NCIS investigator and is the lead actor. I had never heard of NCIS(Naval Criminal Investigative Service) and it's been on since 2003. They are like the FBI except investigate for the Navy, usually strange murders with twisted story lines. Truth be told, I have a mini- crush on Sasha Alexander; Caitlin Todd in the series. She was a government agent on the show until she died. In her last episode the poor girl took a bullet between the eyes. Fans of the show were outraged since she was a fav. It was later revealed she wanted out of the series. I don't know why. Did you know she is married to the son of Carlo Ponti and Sophia Loren? How do I know this? Well, when I'm watching TV and a character comes on the screen and I see something of interest I quick, quick google a name or episode to find the answer.
The thing is, her replacement was in the next episode. TV is great. Sasha dies, we remember her for an episode, a new character moves in and in a sixty minute segment Sasha is a distant memory. The new lady is Cote de Pablo. Her name on the show is Ziva David. She has a lot in common with Alexander. They're both hotties.
This google thing just grabbed me by the throat this morning. I was channel switching. If there was a world championship of "switchers" I would own the Belt. Anyway, I happened to come across the movie: Close Encounters. The more I saw the blond lady who was the mother of the little cute kid, Barry, the more flumoxed I became. You'll remember that he was captured by aliens in the early part of the movie. This led me to think, "Hmm, I've seen this movie a number of times and I should know this woman who plays his mom." I checked out cast members, saw her name is Melinda Dillon then continued googling: I knew I'd seen her in something else. Do you remember? If you do, congratulations. She played Ralphie's mom in the classic, A Christmas Story. It seems I'm on this age thing constantly but I can't let this pass. Movies keep us young. We see a person and watch a movie over and over and the person stays the same through the years. This is why I still have a thing for Loretta Young and Donna Reed. Do not, please, tell my son about Ms. Reed. She will always be his fantasy girl; his and his alone. Melinda Dillon, to me, is always going to be a youthful, blond lady. In movies, yes, but in real time she's nearly seventy years old. Shocking! I wanted to know if she was married or had a family so I googled. You'd have to be a real trivia buff on this one. Her hubby played the news editor in the movie, Fletch. He was also a spiritualist in Steve Martin's movie, All of Me. Can't remember? Well, google it! Usually I want a bio on the person so I type their name then wiki for wilkipedia. It's pretty slick. If they're excellent looking(a female) then I click their name and photographs. Understand, I find a reason to do this most nights. Three days ago I happened to be watching a TV Show with my wife called, Sell This House. The host is a young lady named Tanya Memme; Memme as in "memorable". She is all that and could be a double for Shania Twain. The google on her is she's a Canadian, too. It seems we import a lot of those. She grew up near Niagara Falls so that's kinda like being an American. Beauty contestant, singer, actress, and smart; I got all that from google. I'm guessing, Sell This House, will become my next most watched show---after NCIS.

No comments: