Monday, February 2, 2009

I Don't Care

It is absolutely sickening reading and listening to the news. What happened to Obama's seven page, sixty-three question background check for potential administration appointees? Today, I'm not angry, anxious, nervous, creative, or any other adjective when thinking of DC politicians. Today, and this will change, I don't care.
Rod Blagojevich is a nothing story only because he's a piker compared to other political hacks. He is irrelevant unless he blows the whistle.
Bill Richardson, governor of New Mexico, is "probably" involved in his own 'pay to play' scheme. Obama wanted him to be Sec. of Commerce but after realizing a potential problem Richardson dropped out.
Tim Geithner, now Secretary of the Treasury is a tax cheat. You know this but I'll remind you. He's in charge of the IRS. If you fail to pay, even through oversight, you pay a penalty, possibly doing jail time. He's the decider.
Today, I don't care about Charlie Rangel, either. He's the head of the House Ways and Means Committee. He decides where your tax money is allocated. Charlie owes thousands on his Caribbean property as well as his New York City home. He's a crook, too. Rangel would put to shame Wm. Marcy Tweed and Tammany Hall with his crassness
Tom Daschle, nominated for Secretary of Health and Human Services, the guy who heads up universal health care, is knowingly a tax cheat. Tommy boy said he was embarrassed. I get embarrassed, too, when I'm caught. Have you ever seen a guilty person in the courtroom talking to the family of their victim? How often do they say, "I'm sorry"? It's every damned time and why is this? Well, they got caught, that's why. But, Daschle's cronies in the Senate, on both sides of the aisle, say he's a good guy. Both sides say he'll most likely be approved. I heard it mentioned yesterday that it's difficult to say "no" to someone who has been a member of the Good Old Boys Club(Senate).
Can you understand why this prevalent attitude inside the Beltway makes it so difficult to understand what is going on in this country? I'm not a Republican, anymore. I'm certainly not a Democrat. Being an Independent is meaningless and communism is bad news. I might as well say, "I don't care" about everything. We need a movement for the disenfranchised like me.
I'm going to the rec center. Do you know why?
Cuz I don't care.

No comments: