Monday, August 30, 2010

The Great Itinerary Of 2010

My big adventure or 2010 began yesterday. Left my young son's Springfield, Ohio home in the afternoon and drove five hours into central Illinois. I'm on the cheap so I looked for an economically sound(inexpensive) motel. Motel 6 sometimes fills the bill; had to make sure there were no bed bugs. The desk man is a former high school coach and we chatted about folks we know from the Illini state. Nice guy. Gave me a room with wifi, cable tv for $40. Today, it's on to St. Louis to visit with a man I have not seen since 1969. It could be interesting. My understanding is his last employer was Rupert Murdoch. After a day on the links I'll head to Olathe, Kansas to see number one son, his wife and my two grandchildren. On Friday I'll head up to Boone, Iowa for a three day visit with Ma and my big sis. Minneapolis awaits on Labor Day with my friend of sixty years. He's just the nicest man God ever created. Next stop, Ten Mile Lake and Lizzie awaits. I'll be there one week then head out for Duluth to hook up with my buddy and his six other fishing friends for the fly-in to northern Ontario. I'll load my car with Oklahoma bodies, drive eight hours north of Duluth to Armstrong, Ontario, park the car, then hop a plane for a three hour flying adventure. That, my friends, is up there!
We return, hopefully, on the 25th. My long time best friend in Nekoosa, Wisconsin awaits for fun and golf. After seeing him it's on to visit cousin Gary in Milwaukee for a few hours. He's been under the weather so I'll make our get together brief. It's only a short drive down to Racine where my good buddy, TB, awaits. Get to play golf with him and spend the evening chatting. Next day is a drive through Chicago and if I can get that done I could be back in my bed on the 28th. Hooray!
The point of this entire post is, don't expect to see another for a month. I'll keep my diary, though, to report any and all things unusual.

No comments: