Monday, August 9, 2010

Musings

I'm trying to figure out if it's a big deal or not that Michelle Obama took time off to stay in five star hotels with friends. I guess not except to quote a college friend; "She seems like a haughty bitch".
Attended 7:30 am Mass yesterday and noticed most of the men were in shorts and golf shirts. Is this irreverent? I hope not since I was one of them. I did feel guilty, though, and promised myself not to do it again. My Baptist friends all wear suits and ties to Sunday services.
I seem to be noticing fewer Obama bumper stickers on vehicles. When I do they are the ones with bicycles on the cars; probably enviros from Colorado. Black people have Obama bumper stickers. Some cars are driven by pointy nosed guys with wire rim glasses or women who are very unattractive. That's about it.
It's been hotter than normal this summer---or has it? After all July and August are supposed to be this way. I have yet to experience a January that has had a heat index of 110 degrees. I read that winter will be milder than normal this year.
Turning 65 isn't that big a deal. It'll happen sooner than I would like but it's going to bring me another pension so, "bring it on".
Making out a bucket list is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. My 'lists' are easy. I've heard Massey's Pizza in Columbus is darned good. See what I mean?
I've been wondering where Lizzie and I will take our next vacation. Hawaii is a possibility but a walking tour through the English countryside seems more fascinating.
I go to my physician and dentist on a consistent schedule. Now I know why the elderly could care less if they die. My friend calls it the "big dirt nap". It's getting to sound a lot better than having to jump in the car and drive a half hour in order to fill my mouth with Novocaine.
Katie Couric is about to get fired and Rosie O'Donnell is teaming up with Oprah for an hour show. The only thing Rosie and Oprah have in common is excessive weight.
Knowing my oldest son and his wife, our next grandchild will be named either John or Mary. Check back here around Christmas.
I've lost interst in the Chicago Cubs. When they traded Ryan Theriot to the Dodgers I dumped them. Forty-one years of loyalty down the drain. It's too bad management on the North Side wants entertainment instead of a winner. I have three words for the Cubs: "Hello, Minnesota Twins".
Did you know that the walleye is a member of the perch family? This sounds strange to me since a walleye would make an appetizer out of a perch in a nanosecond.
The best TV shows right now are: The Closer, Friday Night Lights, Justified and The Good Wife. Nothing else comes close.
Question? Considering all the worthless reality TV shows playing there must be some very talented writers sitting around waiting for a call. So, why is 'Two and a Half Men' the top show on network television?
Do you know why golf is a great game? I can score a 77 one day and the very next fire a smooth 93. The interesting thing about it is it's not until the 17Th or 18Th hole when you slap yourself on the forehead as you figure out what you were doing wrong all day. Every time!
Is Shania Twain still around; don't hear much about her anymore---darn it.
Speaking of whom, How long before Lindsay Lohan is back in jail? It'll happen. Rehab failure is about 70%.
My brain hurts-----good night!

No comments: