Monday, August 23, 2010

Two Significant Events

There were two occurrences that happened today that I found noteworthy. Sometime early this morning I awakened and happened to look out the window. The splendor of the moon hanging on the horizon was breathtaking. It was in full moon mode and was the color of the sun. My friend said it is called a sturgeon moon because that is the perfect time for this type of fish to feed voraciously. I can attest to an uptake in fishing behavior. I always catch walleye three days prior to and after the full moon of August.
I decided to have coffee on the patio this morning. It's an enclosed area where Lizzie has planted a variety of flowers. Something caught my attention and I looked over my shoulder--just five feet away I witnessed a hummingbird feeding. It was a greenish bird and quite exciting watching what it does best. I enjoyed a good thirty seconds seeing one of God's most beautiful creatures do it's thing. Simple things in life are, in the vernacular of today, awesome.

No comments: