Thursday, June 14, 2012

Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life

The heading of this post was a popular saying in the early 1970's. It was one of those hippie type things meant to evoke hope for the future. So, today it begins; the beginning of a long, long summer. MJ will be 'Truckin' on down the highway' all day but with time off for good behavior to enjoy some long awaited company. Four months ago I was contacted by a Wisconsin classmate from my high school, circa 1964*(that means it was in the age of dinosaurs) . The lady in question, we'll call her Jan, wrote that she had been reading the blog for some time, enjoyed  it for than she liked cheese and from this we started communicating via email. Because of this I don't want any of you pervs to start tittering because her husband, Dale, is joining us for dinner in Moscow West aka, Madison, Wisconsin. I haven't seen nor spoken to her since May of '64 but I promise we won't run out of conversation. Old people, especially if they haven't seen each other for ages, can lie about a lot of things and get away with it because after that period of time we don't remember if it's true or not.
At any rate, I'll be traversing the highways of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois except for any near Chicago and Wisconsin. Don't anyone think I'm C.W. McCall at the wheel. It's only an eight hour drive. The next two days are what we in the trade call travel days. I'll have come up with plenty of 'road fodder' by the time I arrive at the lake homestead late Friday evening.

No comments: