Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The First Day Of Snow

It's beauty lies like a cozy blanket upon the landscape. Sleepy eyes gazed from the upstairs bedroom on the first snowfall of the season as memories of bygone days filled the mind. I imagined the thrill of three and four year olds as they saw their first wintry season in memory. Such was the innocence of my youth. I harkened back to the early Fifties when the excitement overwhelmed me. It was then that I was able to dress for the occasion, jump in a pile of fluffy snow which seemed the size of Mt. Everest. My cheeks were a rosy red as I trudged down the sidewalk trying and failing to make the dusty snow into a ball. Still, it was such a grand time.
Quickly my mind came back to today. As I peered through the bedroom curtain imagining the five months ahead of me the only vision I could muster was, "This sucks. I'm going back to bed".

No comments: