Sunday, November 17, 2013

Five Years Ago Today

I'm multi-tasking this afternoon waiting for Iowa State basketball to come on the television looking at something I normally don't; professional football. My wife's favorite day is Sunday. She grabs a cup of coffee, turns the television to CBS Sunday Morning and reads the Columbus Dispatch. I'll read the paper under duress. That's why I'm multi-tasking. The paper happened to be next to me. You see, I'm ADHD so I can do three things poorly at  the same time. A blurb in the paper caught my eye. Five years ago today President Barack Obama had a high level meeting with his presidential opponent in the election of 2008, John McCain.
The outcome of this earth shattering come to Jesus meeting(It was held in Chicago) was that they both agreed to work on ways to change Washington's "bad habits". That's it. There was no commentary. Yes, I see it now. Everything in D.C. is perfecto.

No comments: