Friday, November 8, 2013

"I'm Sorry Americans Are Losing Their Insurance"

The Big Kahuna apologized to the American people via his buddy, NBC's Chuck Todd. Except, where I come from, it wasn't an apology. Obama's statement was the same as saying, "I'm sorry people die in car accidents", or, "I'm sorry MJ Hawkeye backed into a tree this morning and cracked his gray plastic bumper".
A lady was on the radio this AM explaining apologies and the steps that need to be taken to rectify an apology. Since I was driving and couldn't write and with the help of the Bing site on my computer I found her point(s).
In order to sincerely express an apology one must:

Apology Bullet acknowledgement of the hurt or damage done
Apology Bullet taking responsibility for the situation
Apology Bullet recognition of your role in the event
Apology Bullet a statement of regret
Apology Bullet asking for forgiveness
Apology Bullet a promise that it won't happen again
Apology Bullet a form of restitution whenever possible
http://www.perfectapology.com/how-to-say-im-sorry.html

When Mr. Obama realizes these expressions then I might cut him some slack--or not.

No comments: