Saturday, November 23, 2013

It Pays When Your Dad Is Rich

If someone asked me to show my required letter of admission to Coe College I wrote in 1965 I'm sure I'd be embarrassed to read it. But, Coe College is not Harvard. Now that the day of mourning is over for John F. Kennedy and we can get back to our normal lives his letter to Harvard requesting admission has been published. He even attended a private school. Folks, if your family is swimming in money anything is possible:

"The reasons that I have for wishing to go to Harvard are several. I feel that Harvard can give me a better background and a better liberal education than any other university. I have always wanted to go there, as I have felt that it is not just another college, but is a university with something definite to offer. Then too, I would like to go to the same college as my father. To be a “Harvard man” is an enviable distinction, and one that I sincerely hope I shall attain".
April 23, 1935
John F. Kennedy

No comments: