Sunday, November 17, 2013

JFK: Let's Move On

The very last thing a person should do is wish their lives away. I'm about to make an exception. I can hardly wait for it to be 12:01 AM, November 23, 2013. It's at that time we can forget about John F. Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, Lee H. Oswald, Jack Ruby and every one else associated with the assassination. We can also stop worrying whether or not there was or wasn't a conspiracy. Who cares except for TV people trying to make a buck or folks who write articles in rag magazines? You shouldn't nor should I. It doesn't matter if Castro did it or the CIA or some mob guys out of New York City. I read an account this morning from a writer for the New York Times who lived in Dallas from 2003-09 and he said there was still a stain on the City. I about threw up. If there's a stain on Dallas then there's one in Buffalo where William McKinley was shot and what does that say about Washington D.C.? James Garfield and Abe Lincoln, the town without a conscience, killed off two both. That's a double stain because 535 people are always pissin' in the wind but in D.C. it's only worthy of a cocktail party conversation.
I was 17 and a senior in high school when JFK was killed. I watched Oswald get murdered. I sat through the funeral procession of Kennedy as the caisson rolled down Pennsylvania Avenue and I saw John-John salute his father's casket. It's now been fifty years since those bygone days. Let me put this in perspective. If a guy was 67 years old in 1963 and you subtracted 50 years from that date it would be 1913 and we'd all be almost certainly dead. For your information 1913 happened to be the year the permanent federal income tax was established.
Life goes on.

No comments: