Tuesday, November 5, 2013

U.S. Soldier Forceed Out Of Cab--Can You Guess By Whom

 
by Adam Ghassemi
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Allen Pendley is a full-time student who has also been a member of the U.S. Army National Guard for the last six years. It's taken him to the hostility of war zones in Iraq.
He was dressed in uniform standing outside the downtown Greyhound station in Nashville trying to get a cab home.
"Before I could call one, a Yellow Cab pulled up and asked me if I needed a cab and I said yeah sure," Pendley said.
But after only a few blocks Pendley said the questions started coming and it was obvious the cab driver didn't like his answers.
"He asked me. He said 'are you in the military?' I said 'yes sir I am.' And then it got real quiet," he recalled.
"Then when he pulled over he said get out of the cab."
Doug Trimble, President of Yellow Cab, told NewsChannel 5 they're looking into Pendley's claims, but without a cab number they have to track GPS units in their cars to see if one was near the bus station Sunday afternoon.
Trimble said if it's true the driver won't only be fired, but could also lose his permit.
Pendley said he believes the driver could be from Somalia
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/23874146/soldier-reportedly-forced-out-of-cab-for-being-military

No comments: