Tuesday, May 14, 2019

For An Old Guy I Don't Know Much

In an earlier piece I wrote I was on Twitter. As I mentioned it was because I like to read my two sons statements. If you ask me to comment on what I read I'd be dead meat; don't care to learn.

So, I now know what twitter is but I still don't understand the why of it. I'm not on Facebook. A guy can get in trouble on it. I have one sister who must post two hundred messages, pictures, comments a day------and she has a job. God knows how she hasn't been fired. She's actually a very nice person and, unfortunately, lost her husband a few years ago. But when she's on Facebook she has to alienate half of her acquaintances and one time friends. People do not enjoy reading political nonsense 24/7.

What the heck is Instagram? I saw a series of what is called Instagram pictures but it told me nothing. Is it cool to know Instagram. Does it make one an Einstein?

My wife is in Scotland and she suggested we do WhatsApp. She put it on my SmartPhone. For me that's were it ended. I'd have had more success with two soup cans tied to a very, very long string.

What's GIF? I mean, what does it stand for in the real world? I saw it on Knuckledraggin.com. There is no sound; only people doing stupid stunts.

I should know the next one but there's a letter that keeps me in the dark. It's LGBTQ. Does the last letter stand for Queer? If so I thought in the gay community that word is verboten. As long as we're on this subject CIS also has me flummoxed. I'm clueless.

I suppose I cold go to Bing and find the answers to these earth shattering questions but I won't. It would take away from my Hallmark Movie time.

No comments: