Friday, May 3, 2019

It's A Dogs World

If you've read this blog in since February 10 you know we've picked up a rescue pooch. The Queen wanted one. I didn't. We had a Dalmation in the 90's. I loved that dog. When she died I was devastated beyond belief. Never again would I have a dog. My youngest son convinced us we would like this Cairn Terrier. He brought him to our home from his home in Cincinnati. The dog had been named Shorty because of his diminutive size, 19 pounds, from his former owner. Her Majesty fell in love with him. Me. Not so much.

About four days after he was in our home he looked up at me with his deep brown eyes and I was hooked.

We changed his name from Shortie to Charlie. and that's what he is to this day.

Charlie sort of unique. He isn't like any other dog. When I run the microwave regardless if he is upstairs he runs to the kitchen to get an undeserved snack. When I open his snack he knows and wants them now.

We have him do tricks at night for his snacks. He's at the point now when he sits and jumps in the air without us telling him.

If I say, "Charlie, lets go for a ride". He's at the front door.


At 5 PM he jumps around the man cave. He knows it's time to to his tricks and get those snacks.

When it's 8 PM he runs upstairs and jumps in our bed. We don't have to tell him. It's a learned habit.

Dogs cost a fortune. When I get a haircut I pay $15 plus $7 tip. Charlie costs me $63 for a cut and and toenail clippings. I get haircuts four times a year. You figure it out.

I took Charlie in for a bath and toe nail clipping today---per the Queen. Kiss that $30 good-bye. I can cut my nails for zippo as long as I have a clipper.

Charlie's been rather irregular lately. I hate when that happens. PetSmart sells a product call Pumpkin, an Ex-Lax for dogs. It's only $8.00 a can. I think that's much more than Ex-Lax for humans but what do I know? Anyway, I bought two cans. Nothings too good for Charlie.

Charlies' on my lap as I write. That's his favorite spot unless there's food in the vicinity. He just now got up and went to the kitchen. Guess there's food on the floor.


No comments: