Sunday, May 26, 2019

This And That From Dublin Ohio

It's a very rainy day in Dublin, Ohio. So, what else is new. An old joke I tell my young grandchildren is it's raining cats and dogs. I walked out the door and stepped in a poodle. Truth be told Ohio doesn't have a monopoly on rain. Poor Iowa has suffered enough.

It's Memorial Golf Week across the street this upcoming week. Care to know how excited I am about seeing the world's greatest golfers? I have tickets for every day of the week. The best venue in the entire world is my couch. I'm 13 paces from the refrigerator and four from the biffy. Nuff said.

The Democrats are saying Trump is purposely killing young children on the border. Six have died under the age of 16 in the last year. I think they forgot that 300,000 kids have been aborted.

I came across a dog blog called the dogington.com. Prior to February when we had no furry children I would have skipped over it. Now, when I get pictures of dogs I'll look at them and say, "isn't he cute?" Anyway, the dogington blog ran a column about when you know your dog wears the pants in the family. There were 21 reasons listed. One of them hit home with me. No wait! Sixteen are now in my corner. I laughed when I read the one about when your pooch is sitting on your lap while you watch TV. You have to go to the bathroom but sit there because you don't want Fido to be inconvenienced. I've done this many times even though my bladder is pea sized. Another would be when one goes to bed at night and your special child is in your spot. You're reluctant to move him because you don't want him to be disturbed.

The Queen and I head out to our Minnesota lake home next week. Can you believe we've had it for 25 years and I have not yet burned it down? We're getting to that age when selling seems to be a viable option. If you want to buy a place for a whole lot of money on a very pristine lake give me your address and phone number.

Slightly less that 50% of the people vote in the general election. Yet, 100% of the opposition feel they have the right and duty to complain about the winner.

It's Memorial Day week-end. I drove by a field in Westerville, Ohio two days ago. The have a Field of Heroes to honor the fallen. There are 3,000 American flags all in a row in a unique pattern. It's quite a humbling site.

I have four or five very good friends; ones I can count on. I have a number of acqaintances who absolutely detest me; some because of what I've done to them and some because that's the way they are.
I think this is typical of all people.

Our dogs name is Charlie. Right now he's doing what he does best------sleep.








No comments: