Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Frustration 101

It's 18 degrees with blistering arctic blasts in Dublin, Ohio at 10 am on a Wednesday morning. I've held off taking Charlie out for his morning constitutional for an hour hoping he'd get outside and quickly drop one so we can get back in the house.

We walked two blocks where lies his normal depository. He sniffed, urinated and moved on to the Murifield Woods. We walked and he urinated 5 more times. Then he took off for the far end of the field; 300 yards from our condo. He urinated two more times. As we approached his other 'area' I waited for it to happen. I'm freezing and he's acting like it's a balmy spring day. Nothing!

Then he moves toward the bridge crossing our lake. It's been 35 minutes but it seems like a week we've been out.  Finally, I'd had enough. I picked him up and began walking across the field toward our condo. As we approached it and my heart was beating like Secretariat's at the finish line I could swear I heard him say, "If you'd have given me my treats yesterday I wouldn't have put you through this."

I'll wait an hour and we'll go through the drill again.

No comments: