Saturday, December 21, 2019

Is It Half Full Or Half Empty

This day is one of my most favorite and uplifting of all. In my mind it's the first day of spring. Why, you might ask? It's because the sun, God's sun, begins to give us one minute longer of sunshine.

Charlie and I had to drop off a check at our local bank. I went through the drive-through all along knowing what would happen. Charlie's in my lap. I place the check in the container and put it in the tube and press 'send'. He immediately begins yapping continuously as though someone put an electric probe up his rear end. I don't know what it is about this. I need to asked a Vet. Who knows, maybe his previous owner put him in a tube.

The weather folks, if you can trust them, tell me it's going to be in the 40's and 50's through December 31. This is good. Walking Charlie when the temps are in the teens is nasty.

The Queen has been watching her weight for a year. She was never huge or let herself go. When we were married she weighed 102 lbs. Today she weighs 102 lbs. She dropped 18 in the last year. According to her she has a 10 day program to purge the system of nasty stuff. Today she asked if I wanted to try it. I think she's trying to tell me something. In the last 50 years the only part of my body that hasn't gotten heavier are my feet.

Every time I consider moving, usually back to the Midwest, I think why? Dublin, Ohio is a premium, quality community.









No comments: