Thursday, July 27, 2023

Don't Sweat The Heat

 Government researchers have been tracking heat waves for more than 100 years. According to data from the U.S. Climate Change Science Program, which is made available by the Environmental Protection Agency, the annual heat wave index for the contiguous 48 states was substantially higher in the 1930s than at any point in recent years. In some years in the 1930s, it was four times greater or even more. 


Folks, don't be taken in by the likes of John Kerry and climate change. I recall around the time I was 12 years old in 1958. I can still see my Grandma sitting in a rocking chair and in front of her was her air conditioner. Back then it was called a folded newspaper. She'd sit for hours fanning herself and all the while she regale me with stories about the real heat of the 1930's.

I don't have to tell you, except for the wack job crowd, there are temperature cycles. It'd be easy for you to verify. Go back in history and find a starting point--somewhere around the 1500's AD. You might be surprised at the fluctuations in heat and cold. I wonder if the sun has anything to do with climate change. 


No comments: