Wednesday, July 26, 2023

It's Hot Even In Ohio

 Brother! It's a hot one in Ohio at 90 degrees. I fully realize there are areas of the country seeing temperatures 115 F and higher. I have two answers to this: (1) It's summer and (2) these cities witnessing infernos are in the desert. 

Even so, I was standing in front of Kroger Food this morning and a fella approached me with that look of "Howdy". Well, obviously I had to give some type of response and a "Hello" seemed sort of benign so I fell back on a saying that originated in Iowa. It's one we all grew up with and the greeting is a of a matter of fact statement that that can be said without an argument taking place because it's non controversial. I said to the man, "Hot enough for ya'?" The beauty of this phrase is I can say the same thing six months from now by uttering the following: "Cold enough for ya'? See what I mean?

Stay tuned. I'll have more Iowa witticisms down the road


No comments: