Sunday, November 28, 2010

About San Antonio And Other Things

San Antonio is the now home of my daughter and her family. They've lived in The Woodlands, Texas and Scottsdale, Arizona prior to this. Who knows where they'll end up next and when. According to my son in law it might be Olathe, Kansas, Des Moines, Iowa or Indianapolis. Of all the places they've resided I like The Woodlands best. Every neighborhood is shielded by large trees. I also appreciate the weather; very hot and very humid but that's just me. San Antonio provides very affordable housing. Property taxes are killers but the lack of a state income tax is nice. The River Walk downtown is appealing but if you've seen one upscal restaurant you've seen 'em all. I liked the Alamo because I'm a history buff. I don't Lord it over on people but I know more than most about our country's history I take great pleasure in appreciating what our forefathers accomplished. One of the most appealing aspect of SA and Texas, in general, are Whataburger hamburger joints. Mmmm! Delicious!.But----I have discovered an even better hamburger chain. It's Freddy'Steakburgers and Frozen Custard. Five Guys Hamburgers originated in Alexandria, Virginia was recently voted the best in the country. Lizzie and I had our 40th wedding anniversary feast there last December. When a store opened in Dublin I thought all my dreams had been answered but Freddy's is primo. It's based out of Wichita, Kansas and there are fifty either up and running or about to be opened. If you don't have a Freddy's contact corporate and demand one . If you're looking for a business investment borrow the money and open one. So, what does Freddy's have to do with San Antonio? Well, nothing except there's one a half mile from my kid's home. Ever heard of a guy sneaking out of the house to have a smoke? I sneak out of the house to have a Freddy's. The one thing I don't like about this city is it's a twenty hour drive to our Ohio home. We'll leave tomorrow and head up I-35 to visit with the wife's brother in Dallas then hit the bricks the next day for a one night stay in Nashville. People have told us, "Wow, Nashville, bet you'll be attending the Grand Old Oprey'. I say, "Bet I'll go right to a Drury Inn and pass out after driving ten hours". Thoughts of Minnie Pearl and her successors do nothing for me. Now, if Shania Twain happened to be in the area that'd be another story.

No comments: