Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vieve And Me

Now that my granddaughter, Genevieve, is at the age of three we can do things without mom and dad being around. I had her for the day last week. We like to bring her home on Wednesdays from her parents home an hour away. My son and his wife have a new baby boy, Kingston Michael, and keeping Genevieve with us gives them a chance to----breathe. You see, Vieve is the exact opposite of her brother, Oscar. While he is calm, sensitive, overly polite, generous, obedient and can obey the law of the pack his sister isn't quite there yet.
In other words, the girl can be a handful but a delightful and funny handful. She's the kind of girl who would approach a snarling pit bull and attack it without hesitation. She's fearless. If I asked she would kill on command for me.
A week ago was one of those beautiful, windless, sunny days and we hit the Columbus Zoo. I've mentioned this before but it's a nice place to spend the day. For some reason my grand kids could care less about seeing animals. They always want to visit the playground then the souvenir shop. As the day approached an end we decided we were thirsty and made way to the refreshment stand. Standing in line and just in from of us was a buxom young girl. She was in her twenties and these old eyes recognized that she was more than attractive. The girl was wearing a new pair of jeans. Out of the blue Vieve walked up behind her put one hand on her buttocks and attempted to pull out an inch string from her jean seam with her tiny fingers. Thinking quickly I backed up three steps. Molestation in a public place is not something I want on my resume'. Anyway, the girl turned quickly and I shrugged my shoulders as in, "what're ya' gonna do"? Genevieve kept yanking. When I think about it those little things of life are like an award winning dessert. Little things I'll never forget and will relish telling her years down the road.

No comments: