Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stage One Rocket Thrust-GO!


Another of life's big adventures awaits as I prepare for the next trip. Who knows what lies ahead as my sleek and racy Mazda carries me to Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma with extended stops in Dallas and San Antonio.
I love Oklahoma. I love Texas, too. The air smells so, uh, conservative. Not only that but my grandchildren, Paige and Baby David, are in Texas. My wife heard through the grapevine that Paige has an 'attitude'. Paige's Daddy David knows exactly where the 'attitude' originally began and so do I. It started almost forty years ago with a bundle in Storm Lake, Iowa. I haven't seen Baby David but twice. I call him 'Moon Pie". If you can't figure it out it's because of his face. Baby David is one year old and weighs one hundred seventy-five lbs. or somewhere around that.
I'll also be visiting in Commerce, Oklahoma for a few minutes to take a couple of pictures. Commerce is a trivia question for a lot of folks. My old college roomie lives in Miami, OK a mile or so away from Commerce. Anyway, look up Commerce. It'll give you something to do to fill your day.
I'll be writing as I move on down I-35; may stop in Waco to see the Branch Dravidian massacre site or write about a dead armadillo lying along the road. Who knows.(what the Shadow knows). Another piece of trivia don't ya' know.
Hugs and Kisses from MJ Hawkeye.

No comments: