Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Child's Lenten Sacrifice

It's too bad Art Linkletter isn't around to appreciate my four year-old San Antonio grandson. If you recall he's the one who, on is way to his first T-ball practice, wanted to know if there was tackling in baseball.
My kids, all three of them, observe Lent with the children. They are all required to give up one of the things most dear to them for the six week period. My nine year-old Ohio grandson decided to forego video games. That was a big deal for him. His sister, well she decided to put the magic markers away. Baby steps, folks, baby steps.
On the way to pre-school at the beginning of the Lenten period my daughter was quizzing that irrepressible four year-old about what he was going to sacrifice for Lent. After much thought and wondering looks in the sky he decided that, and I'll put it in his words: "I won't throw up. If I do, maybe I'll get to take a Disney cruise". I don't understand the correlation between Lent, barfing and Disney but he does and that's all that counts.

No comments: