Monday, March 10, 2014

A Feel Good Story About A Baby

deprill

Last Friday I went on a rant about the social ills of this country and basically said we had lost our soul. I received a note from my southern correspondent in Texas telling me how much he appreciated my rant. Over the week-end I began dwelling on the blog and realized how negative I'd become. It was Obama this and Obama that and how this country was going down the toilet. I hate when I get like this because I enjoy reading and talking about positive aspects of life in this country. I am the quintessential Horatio Alger story and only wish the same for others.
Then, I came across an article that brightened up my day. It told the story of a twenty-seven year old girl, Katheryn Deprill of Allentown, Pa. This young lady is on a quest to find her mother. You see, on the day of her birth her natural mother abandoned her in the women's bathroom of an Allentown Burger King. The then child was adopted into a wonderful family of brothers and sisters and has lived a very satisfying and wonderful life with her adoptive parents.
With the blessing of her mom she is looking for her natural mother to thank her for allowing her to be born. She wants her to know that she loves her for the many blessings she has been allowed to have.
God bless you, Katheryn, and God bless your natural mother for allowing you to be the type of person we all want to be. http://www.lifenews.com/2014/03/06/woman-whose-mom-abandoned-her-in-a-burger-king-27-years-ago-thanks-giving-me-life/

No comments: