Sunday, September 7, 2014

That Snarky GW Rears It's Ugly Head

Thirty days ago I uttered a sentence claiming I'd never mention global warming again. Silly me. One of my friends reminded me of a promise made by me when this blog resumed that I'd stay away from Obama and politics; concentrating only on human interest stories. It's an impossibility.
Our trek north to Minnesota began last Thursday. We weren't fully recovered from the jet lag from our Portugal trip but what the heck, I'm strong, virile and still a fearless road warrior so we jumped in the Suburu and headed northwest from Ohio. Another lie. I'm none of these things anymore.
We were greeted at Ten Mile Lake by sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-70's. If you ever want to check our weather google Hackensack, Minnesota. I always do and it read beautiful weather for the next seven days then LOOK OUT SCOUT. We happen to be at the southern end of a snow belt beginning Friday running from the Dakotas to Michigan. I've never been in the land of 10,000 taxes when it's been below freezing but that's what we'll get. So, once again, the global warming prognosticators have it all wrong. It's like when Al Gore attends a GW conference. You can always count on a massive cold front followed by the blizzard of the century while he's speaking.
Mentally, snow and cold are not good for me. Coming to Minnesota and enduring the horrid temps are a form of the most severe masochism. This is also the reason I'll go walleye fishing with my neighbor tonight. This is another form of masochistic behavior on my part since you all know there are no fish in this lake.

No comments: