Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Political Tsunami

It's the height of optimism to write this piece and present it in blog form for you folks to see. My prediction on the outcome of Tuesday's election is a tidal wave of enthusiasm calling for the beginning of a new America, a fresh start if you will. Out with the old and in with the new.

I read a commentary from a pundit,  it may have been in the NY Times, but it makes no difference. He said the Republicans lack a positive message and the reason they are voting is because it's a vote against Obama and Democrats. This, he said, is not the way to win an election. I vehemently disagree.

The American people are fed up to their collective necks with the negativism that has come out of the White House just as they are with the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and his corrupt cronies.

Harken back to the words or our president. He told us, after he was elected, there would be no Red States or Blue States, only one America. To that I say, "Bull hockey".

Prior to his ascension to the throne Barack Obama made a Middle Eastern trip followed by stops to European capitols apologizing for bad actions the United States has done to the world for three hundred years. This is garbage and the giant is about to awaken.

As an example, I live in Ohio. It's a football state. The citizens love their Buckeyes and they love to win. Have you ever heard the phrase, "Winning isn't the most important thing but it's a heck of a lot better than whatever comes in second". That's the way Buckeye fans are and so are Americans. As General Patton said, "America loves a winner". The American people not only love a winner they demand one.

Americans don't like to be in second place in sports or in world affairs. We didn't make the world 'Safe for Democracy' by being apologists for our sacrifices made in both World Wars.
I promise you this. When the first and second A-bombs were dropped on Japan on August 6 and August 9 of 1945 the American people didn't wring their hands in anguish for the devastation wrought on the Japanese people who started the whole mess. The War was over and we were victorious. That's why it's called V-J Day.

Mr. Obama and the Democrat Party have made it a mission to divide this great nation; and to make our leadership on the world stage as important as if we were a Third World country.

They've used the same mantra that encompasses their entire playbook; War on Women, Pro-Choice , Racism and the environment..It doesn't work. On the list of priorities these issues rank at the bottom. Unless you happen to be a 20-year old Sociology Major at The University of California at Berkley, the environment is about as important as saving a spotted tree frog. Women want what's good for their children; food, health, security. As Sarah Palin said: "Don't mess with Mama Bear".

The attempt to create a schism in America most likely came about by accident. It happened in Cambridge, Massachusetts when a Harvard professor, a friend of Obama's, was mistakenly arrested by the local police. A neighbor of the man called the police thinking a burglar might be breaking into his home. Now, why in the name of common sense would Obama bring this up at a press conference? My guess is he thinks everything is about him and his speeches come from the Mount.  Of course, the president overreacted and told the country the police acted "stupidly". Then he had to walk this nonsense back to stem a more than controversial statement. The result was the great 'Beer Summit' with the neighbor and arresting officer, Joe Biden and himself to stem the negativity he "stupidly" planted. I wonder how much the taxpayer shelled out for a private flight to Cambridge, Mass. The answer is 'too much'.

Continued racial division took place a few years later when Obama told us, "If I had a son he would look just like Trayvon". Well, I have two sons and neither looks like me. Am I to assume my wife cheated on me? A statement like that might cause a domestic war so why should I open my mouth and say such a ridiculous statement? But, then again, Barry and Eric Holder had an agenda and I don't.
This was a very bad move by Mr. Honcho. People remember those words and words mean things.

I am not a racist. I vote for Blacks, Whites, Hispanics and women. I cast my ballots for people shorter than I. My wife and I vote issues and my suspicion is the average American citizen does, too. I checked my voter list of those for whom I cast an absentee ballot. I gave my check mark to five women and they were all running against men and I never once considered gender until I rechecked the ballot.

 I would strongly consider voting for Dr. Ben Carson if he ran for president. He's smart, a good man who grew up in poverty in Detroit and became the head of the pediatric department at Johns Hopkins University. I trust what he says and I appreciate his stances. I would never give my sacred vote to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, Maxine Waters or Marion Berry. Does that make me racist? I don't believe it does. It makes me sane.

I believe in casting my ballot for a person with integrity, someone with whom I share the same values. I'd like to believe the people I support would believe exactly as I do on every issue but that's an impossibility. We all need to accept compromise on certain issues and hope for the best. Compromise is a word not in this presidents vocabulary.

I vote for candidates who believe in this country first and what's best for the American people. After all, they are supposed to work for us but in Washington D.C. that isn't always the case with both parties.

In 2008 I held my nose and voted for John McCain. He wasn't a fighter. I felt he was all about John McCain and, furthermore, it's my belief he didn't wish to win so he could remain in the senatorial 'old boys club'.

The Republican Party as of November 5 will be positioned to take control of the House and Senate in January and it won't be close. It's going to be a tsunami for both the House and Senate.

Even if the Senate is held by the Republicans for only two years it will be a magnificent two years. I won't have to see Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin, crooks who make William Marcy Tweed look like a boy scout. They'll have much less face time to slam the people on the Right for being out of touch with the mainstream. The only place they'll be seen is on Sunday morning's Meet The Press which has the same viewership as The Rachel Maddow Show.

Don't get me wrong. There are a couple of bad guys on the Right, too. Roy Blount is a prime example. PAC money seems to have a direct pipeline to his wallet. But, there are others out there, Ted Cruz for instance, who might bring some sanity to the Senate. It's my hope that Mitch McConnell will be so muted he'll have the voice power of Charlie McCarthy when he's in his suitcase.

Two years without Harry Reid, the guy from Torchlight, Nevada. It's akin to the old line from the movie, Field of Dreams. "Is this heaven"? "No", said the American voter, "It's the United States of America".



No comments: