Monday, November 9, 2015

This N' That From Dublin Ohio

Time sure does fly the older one gets. Why, it seems like yesterday my mom was clapping her hands the first time I did a #2 in something other than my diapers. Anyway, Her Majesty and I were in Kansas for a week visiting grandchildren. Seven days zipped by faster than I drove I-70 from Dublin to Olathe.

Why is it, and don't call me a sexist, that a great percentage of women motor interstate highways in the passing lane? It is illegal in many states, Missouri included. Some folks don't like to be told what to do is, most likely, the answer.

Another idea I had but it's too late. Our interstate systems were begun in the 1950's in response to the German Autobahn's under Hitler. Their primary purpose was to be able to transport war materials with great expediency.

It's too bad, instead of having two lanes going in one direction four weren't constructed; two for cars and the others for trucks. I hate those guys, especially the ones who pull out in front of you to pass when there is no one behind you for miles. They then proceed to do their thing at one-tenth of a mile faster than the truck they're going around. And it would do me no good to flip them off since they could squash me like a slice of flatbread. You do know this is my biggest pet peeve because it's the fourth time I've brought it to your attention.

Fuel prices in the St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri areas were under $2.00. I could live with that.

The spouse felt we should stop in Indianapolis on the way back, snag a motel, then be refreshed driving in. After 46 years she still doesn't get it. Once my hands grab the wheel we don't stop until my head hits the pillow at Muirfield Village, Dublin, Ohio. It's a 'man thing'.

If you appreciate Johnny Cash one can purchase, for $6.96 a CD with 54 of his greatest hits off of Amazon.

Have you ever purchased a CD because of one song? I did and it was from the movie, Finding Forrester, starring Sean Connery. The song is 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow". It was sung by a fat guy who is now deceased. He was Hawaiian and strummed a ukulele.


Speaking of CD's; I carry around 50 different ones with me when I travel. Strangely, I only seem to play five or six over and over.

Our children personally asked us to move to Kansas to be closer to them and our grandchildren. I thought this was nice but slightly out of character. Who wants their parents to be that close/close to them? And when they made this request they had not been drinking.





No comments: