Friday, January 13, 2017

It's Almost Heaven

Her Majesty and I arrived to our Colorado River home two days ago. At this point the river is about 200 yards wide and the locals say it's the lowest it's been in years. I didn't care. It's wet, the skies are blue and it's 70 degrees.

We are separated from California by the river. Two hundred yards behind it are beautiful mountains and behind them the Mohave Desert.

Today we made the trek into Lake Havasu City, Arizona. I'd heard of the community but was clueless except that the original London Bridge was transported there, piece by piece in 1971. The founder of this town was a Mr. McCullough who found the chain saw company. He wanted to have his own city and needed a draw so the Bridge became that.

Folks, and this is only my opinion, but Havasu is the very best of the best vacations spots for me in the US of A.

I also filled a bucket list item by making the purchase of a double-double cheeseburger at IN-N-Out Burger. It has been selected as the very best fast food burger in the nation. They didn't lie.

As is always the case with yours truly I went fishing off our dock today and caught my lure. And so it goes.

No comments: