Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Big 4-0

I'll be incommunicado for awhile, five days or thereabouts. My wife and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary on Sunday December 27th. For this occasion we've decided to spend this time in our nations capitol. If this doesn't sound romantic then get over it. After this many years we celebrate each others existence. Someday, you youngsters will understand. Regardless, we'll have a nice time. I've reserved a French restaurant for our dinner. My wife is in to 'Francais'. I'm not, so we'll do what she likes. We appreciate the history of this great country and will visit as many sites as possible. We were in DC seven years ago. If you've never been you have to go to Arlington National Cemetery and watch the changing of the guard. I promise, you will shed tears.
My wife asked if I was going to take my computer. In wife talk this means don't. "Pay attention to me for awhile", she'll say. Well, in cases like this it's imperative I let her know who the boss is and I have two words on the subject, "Yes Dear".
More than likely I'll resume December 31.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

No comments: