Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm #1

Hey!* I'm almost positive there was a photo of Harry Reid in an earlier post giving the same salute. I've never been a huge user of the flip, post early teen years. I've never flipped at cars who cut me off. I use other methods of showing displeasure. The 'flip' was unintentionally passed on to me by my dad. Truth is, my dad passed along many 'unintentionals' when I was a kid. By age 12 my Sacred Heart classmates and I had the procedure down to a science. Sr. Mary Louis Joseph was the recipient 90% of the time. She was a BVM, black-veiled monster for you non-minnow munchers. For the rest of us it meant Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Good gosh, how many days in purgatory did I earn for giving LJ the sacrilegious flip? I've seen the President give "The Presidential Flip" a couple of times. Once, he did it to Hillary on national TV during a debate. He ran The Finger down the crease on the left side of his nose as he refuted a statement of hers. The crowed laughed. This goes to show how childish he can be. Not me, though. When I want to counter some stupid remark I come back with, "Eat Me"! That's my favorite.

*My cousin always said, "Hey! is for horses.

No comments: