Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cruel And Unusual Punishment In Illinois


I let my wife watch NBC Nightly News. I don't know why except to say I'm just one great guy. Tonight's news had a segment on Club Gitmo and the terrorists being transferred to Thomson, Illinois. My wife said, "well, they won't be wearing flip flops and rolled up pants in Illinois". I came back with, "Honey, you just gave me a snappy idea for a blog."
At Gitmo the weather is a constant; 80 degrees with steady cooling breezes. The thugs can wear shirt sleeves year round. They're allowed to kick up their feet while browsing the Koran and get a bruise on their foreheads doing the five times a day thing on the prayer rug---- outside. These guys are in for a monstrous wake up call. When my family moved to Columbus, Ohio from The Hawkeye State we experienced the average winter temperature of 29 degrees F. My sons`, in winter, would come home from school laughing and howling at the winter attire of their new classmates; parkas, mittens, boots, ski masks and every piece of winter paraphernalia imaginable. My kids were going to school in jackets and maybe a stocking cap. We had come from Iowa and you can't be a winter sissy and survive.
I grew up in Iowa and that state is separated by the Mississippi River from Illinois. Yep! It's that Illinois where the terrorists will be sent. They can expect the following: When the first snow comes as it did last week with 15" that same stuff will be on the ground come late March only tons more will be on top of it. Forget wind chill. It'll be cold. It'll be bbbrrrrrrr cold. Hah! Those murderers will be experiencing sub zero temperatures. January is a great month for this, all thirty-one days of it. "Hey Saddam, try putting your tongue on this metal pole". There is another season in the Midwest and it's called summer; 100 degrees of hot and muggy. It's can't breathe muggy. Did I mention that Thomson has a population of 600? It's a farm community with the main product being pigs. When the wind's just right all those Abduls will be sucking in the odor of pork do-do. Ahhhh! The thought of them finding out they're surrounded by pork makes my heart flutter.
Do not fear, though. We'll be hearing from the bleeding heart crowd about the poor living conditions, the poor weather conditions and how our poor, poor 'insurgents" are suffering. You can take it to the bank and I'm happy about it.

No comments: