Monday, September 3, 2012

We've Heard This Before

One of my priest friends, Fr. Remmes, has been doing his gig for over fifty years. Every so often he'll tell me about a special church occassion that comes up and then it's time to get into the archives for that one particular sermon. He uses pretty much the same sermon for weddings and he's had a bunch. He might as well be called Marryin' Sam for the many he's performed. I asked him to officiate for the marriage of my oldest son in Kansas City but all he really did was stand on the alter. For this I paid his way down from Iowa, put him up in a motel, gave him a stipend and fed him his meals. After the wedding was over I told him for all that he did I would've saved a boat load full of money if I'd stuck a cardboard cutout of him next to the bride and groom.
 Father has saved every sermon since 1962. When we're together he'll quote a line or paragraph he thinks is a gut buster and then we'll laugh with gusto.
There's a video on the post that references our Dud-in-Chief comparing speeches from 2008 and 2012. It's quite funny. He too has gone back in the archives; same speech, different day. Like Fr. Remme's talks, these, too, are gut busters.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/devastating-gop-releases-weve-heard-it-all-before-video/

No comments: