Sunday, February 2, 2014

She Won't Be Celebrating World Hijab Day

Tragic accident: Naima Rharouity died Thursday when her clothing strangled her after becoming stuck in an escalatorThere was a story in the news last week about a woman who was strangled when her scarf was caught in an escalator. Like most people I thought, "What a horrific thing to happen to a person" especially when I read that she had two small children at home in Montreal, Canada. I then moved on to other tidbits in the news but today I happened to read the real story in, what else, the UK Daily Mail. She was wearing her hajib and as she bent over it became tangled in the escalator as she bent over to pick up something, maybe a Koran. Then I was looking at Weasel Zippers blog site and saw that Feb. 1 was World Hijab Day.


Samantha-Lewthwaite-aka-White-Widow-YouTube-screenshot-ABC-NewsDid you know there was a World Hijab website to tell you all the nifty things you can do with your own personal hijab to celebrate this day. I'm guessing the lady from Montreal might want to, if given a choice, change religions.
 

No comments: