Friday, February 7, 2014

Who Needs A Doctor When You Have Me

There's so much fake news going on in our atmosphere it's difficult to know what's true and what isn't. I'll cite this example. I read an account five days ago that was cause for 1) sadness, 2) disbelief, 3) hilarity, 4) fill-in-the-blank. The story said that 70% of doctors in the United States go to Wikipedia for information. People, if this is the case, why not shut down med schools? I can cure myself and save a lot of time and money. I had an MRI five days ago and a follow-up with my neurologist two days later. She's originally from Germany and is my age. I figure if she's a German neurologist she has to be darned good. She confirmed what I told her and then said, "Most of these doctors are under forty", if that means anything.
I looked up this bit of information done by the Pew Research Center and not from Wikipedia but the number cited was 50%, not 70%. Regardless, it's still mindboggling to me. I'm going to hang out a shingle and buy a stethoscope "Ladies and Gentlemen, the doctor is in".
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/820249

No comments: