Saturday, May 21, 2016

Table Talk About Life And Religion

Her Majesty and I had a couple over for dinner a few weeks ago. They are hardcore Southern Baptists. Actually, a number of years ago they started, by themselves, what is now the largest congregational Baptist church in Dublin, Ohio. Sometimes, it's difficult being with them because they constantly quote the Bible verbatim. Personally, I have trouble quoting the Ten Commandments and I consider myself a very devout practicing Roman Catholic..

Mostly, when we have company for dinner I listen. This night I made a statement causing more conversation than I expected; much more.

I asked, "Would you rather be liked or loved? What the heck. I was only trying to start a conversation. The Queen jumped on the statement and has been peppering me with questions since.

I'm not about to let you know my feelings on the subject. Think about it, though.

Evidently, I opened the proverbial can of worms and now every time the Queen and I visit family and friends she brings it up.

 As I said, I was only trying to be a part of the conversation.

No comments: