Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The World's Best Food Blog

In past years I've written about my affinity for fine food. In my case it's referred to as comfort food. In order for me to prepare the delicious delicacy I need a bowl, spoon and microwave. Her Majesty was babysitting the grandchildren last week-end so I took the opportunity to fill my stomach with the most delicious of them all.

Take two cans of Hormel turkey chili and pour into a bowl. Ladle it with a half sweet onion, diced. Cover said ingredients with shredded cheese and microwave until it bubbles. After that enjoy one of the finest foods God created.

One of my very best friends, finally, has created a food blog. His first publication was on May 11. I would have thought he'd have done it years ago. His progression as a master chef is remarkable. I can remember the days when he'd take a cooked hot dog, wrap a slice of Wonder Bread around it and shove the entire item in his mouth. Not any more. He makes Julia Childs look like the guy in Man vs. Food---almost.

He probably doesn't know until he reads this post how much I admire his skill. Last fall we were with he, his wife, along with another couple for an evening of wine and food.

I always watch his mannerisms as he drinks and eats. He'll take a sip of vino then say, "Jan, this reminds me of the wine we tasted at the bistro on the Champs Elysees in in 1978. Then he'll take a bite of his entrĂ©e, usually with a furrowed brow, and utter, "I'm trying to figure out the spices used in cooking this steak". "I think they are grown in Singapore on the windward side of Mount Whatever".

The guy's incredible. Women love guys like this, too. He exposes his feminine side which isn't all that bad as long as he stays out of their bathrooms.

Who would have thought a Boone, Iowa boy could become the next great French chef but it could happen.

Anyway, you should check it out especially if you don't care that much for turkey chili.
http://grandpacooks.blogspot.com/

No comments: