Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving Week Wore Me Out

Wasn't last week tedious in all aspects? It was for me. Please know I'm not down on turkey day. I enjoy eating as much as the next guy. Columbus, Ohio is in the 'drearies' beginning at this time. By that I mean the sun goes on hiatus and it doesn't come back until April. If you're one of those folks who goes into depression aka light deprivated and like it then visit Central Ohio.

Anyway, my days were filled with television, television and television, football, football, basketball, football and basketball. Depressing, huh?

For the next 30 days I'll do what warms the cockles of me heart; avoid the malls while looking for that special gift for loved ones(It's why I have a wife).

Last week I randomly posted on this blog. I'm taking a rest. The wife of my late friend gave me a special book. It was written by a man named Andy Russell who was with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The content centers around locker room stories. I like those. The title is, 'A Steeler Odyssey.

Speaking of football---Colin Kaepernick of the 49 'ers was playing in Miami yesterday. On the last play of the game victory for the Dolphins was secured when Kaepernick, a Castro admirer, was tackled on the two yard line to end the game. The tackler was of Cuban descent. His parents escaped Cuba to come to America. Justice prevails.

No comments: