Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Sun Is Shining

Dublin Ohio is in the throes of heat wave. Well, for the northern climes it's going to be warmer than normal and this is a good thing.

Hopefully, after this column MJ Hawkeye can present stories about God's good works. I need to forget the two business CEO's who were recently fired from their lofty positions. One lost his job because he told his workers if they voted for Trump they should leave the company. The other, on twitter, said he wanted to assassinate Trump. This morning a third lost his job by using social media to say he hoped Melania Trump should be raped then murdered. These idiots had to be drunk when they went on social media. Oh, the CEO of Pepsi posted another anti-Trump message two days ago. Their stock is in the tank. People remember.

Times change. When I was in the 9th grade my western civilization instructor, Mr. Paar, had a discussion on the upcoming election of 1960. He was outwardly pro Richard Nixon(a teacher-Nixon?). At the time I felt it was silly to be talking about this subject. I was more concerned if the Iowa Hawkeyes were going to win a game the following week. Heck, who cares about politics in the 9th grade? Anyway, back then when the election results were in we all went about our business. I don't know why there wasn't a media hangover. Maybe it was because the media presented instead of making the news.


I have upcoming goals. When I make up my mind to do these I get after it the way a lunberjack brings down a tree. I am going to master the art of Spencerian writing. I WILL lose weight again. I am taking up the old practice of 30-40 minutes of walking. I am going to find a worthwhile outlet for public service. My personal library is filled with books that haven't seen the covers cracked.

I am giving up Fox News. Besides, during election night I gazed at Neil Cavuto on the Fox Business Channel. He and his guests are intelligent with a spice of humor.

If this all reads like pie in the sky it isn't. Rather than have the reins of the pundits in my chompers as they have been for too long I'm taking control. That's the way God meant it to be.

Hey guys, I told an untruth. I'm going to hammer the liberals until I take my last breath.

No comments: