Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Reasons To Give Thanks

Since it's Thanksgiving week it's time to reflect on the parts of my life that make me thankful.

In no particular order I'm thankful I'm not Michael Avenatti, a congressman, a member of Hollywood, a member of Antifa or any other wild-eyed protest group. I'm thankful I can walk down the street and not have a news reporter put a microphone in my face or write inane stories about my past history.

I'm thankful for my neighbors. We help each other out when needed. The Dublin Police Department wouldn't know my name or face if they saw me on sight. That's a good thing.

Of course, I'm thankful for The Queen. She's put up with my quirkiness for almost 49 years. My three children and ten grandchildren are thirteen reasons to be very thankful; Christian, conservative, kind, and wonderful parents and grandchildren. They all know how to say please and thank you without being followed with a "mo fo".

It's a good life if one doesn't take themselves to seriously.



No comments: